Wednesday, March 17, 2010
The Rat Race
Up at 4:30am, get the cycling gear on, get on the bike and pedal to work like crazy! Finish work at 4:30pm, get the gear on and pedal home like crazy! Rush rush rush. Rush everywhere to everything. Getting in the hrs and miles can prove to be quite a challenge. I'm always on the lookout for any way to save an extra 5 minutes here and there. I thought I would share a few of my time saving secrets which help me grind out the dual lifestyle.
1. I make all my meals for the whole week on Sunday, then save them in the refrigerator. It saves time, and I eat a lot more healthy this way.
2. Grocery shop and do errands on my lunch breaks... on the days I drive of course.
3. I train on a singlespeed rigid mountain bike. This cuts way down on the time I have to spend on maintenance. Save the race bike for race day.
4. I train and ride right from my door 90% of the time. Driving to the ride = waste of time, unless I get to ride Lummis and McDreamy ;-)
5. Of course my wife Michelle helps me a ton with keeping the house cleaned up, doing the laundry, and a bunch of other glorious household chores like caring for the animals and paying the bills. Thanks Mitch!
6. I also lay out all my cycling clothes and my work clothes for the entire week. All I have to do is grab them and go.
I'm sure I'm leaving out more time management stuff, but you get the idea. It's a ton of effort to find the time to eek out that last bit of performance that may be overlooked. But I guess that's why they call it a rat race.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
LOL!!! It's really something to see, especially the 5 days of food, 5 days of bike clothes, 5 days of work clothes...
where is the O2S on the calendar???
10:20 gets you left....
Stewy, you'll never forget that will you.
B, I think O2S is the same wknd as Fools Gold. Gonna try something a little different this year.
Post a Comment