Monday, September 15, 2008

Chequame-crash out

11th Place... My excuse... the "random tandem" crashed me out in the neutral roll-out. I raced like a mad dog to get all the way back into the top ten. It was a good workout.

The start/roll-out is an absolute hazard. 2000 people all cramming to get to the front. After getting crashed out of contention for two years in a row, I'm officially done with this race. Every year there's 1 or 2 major crashes at the start. They're not little bobbles into the soft grass either. It's head over heels doing 25 mph into the pavement. Not sure how the problem gets solved, but I guess ignoring it has been working for the last 10 years.

2 comments:

Paynful said...

That sucks Mike... maybe they should put the guys that finished on top in years past in the front similar to what they do at Leadville. Although the Fat Cyclist was taken out at the start of that race and he was in the front group!!

Are you racing Addison?

TP said...

Bummer deal. I bet they will try to implement a previous year's start position. Especially if it has happened multiple times.