Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pre- Iceman Update

Well... it's Thursday before the Iceman. Things have been going well. I've been working with Art Flemming on a daily basis trying to squeeze out any additional fitness I may have missed over this past year. I think we made some definate improvements. I decided to forgoe the cross races, and instead, we have been motor pacing in a super secret location on the weekends. I can tell you that these are the hardest efforts I've ever done on a bicycle. It takes about 4 days to fully recover. It's intense. I've also managed to drop about 5 lbs since Chequamegon by riding to work and back everyday. I've logged well over 2000 commute miles this year, and I'm still going. That alone has made a tremendous difference.

My bike is ready, my fitness is primed, and I'm feeling healthy and ready to take on the Iceman! I can't wait! Should be a tough one this year. A stacked field along with some not so nice weather will make this race one for the books.


Timothy Finkelstein said...

Nothing would make me happier than another big Simonster win! See you up there.

Paynful said...

Good luck Mike... if I don't see you up there before the race!